Volunteer Position in Healthcare
Position Description: clinic staff
The medical clinic is the only medical facility available to over 15,000 local Guatemalans in the area. Most patients are pregnant women, infants, and children. The project is currently looking for more volunteers with medical expertise. As a volunteer in the clinic you will work in a rural clinic with locals and contribute to developing health care in the community. You will learn about traditional birthing and delivery practices of Guatemala and make a positive impact on the lives of local people. You will receive FREE food, FREE accommodations and FREE medical support onsite.
- Provide general consultations at the clinic (General Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Endocrinology, etc.)
- Provide home visits for severely sick patients
- Provide care and deliver patients to the clinic as part of the clinic’s emergency response team
- Prenatal and postnatal home visits (OB/GYN)
- Facilitating training for local midwives
- Managing children’s malnutrition programs
- Various other duties: pharmacy work, lab, diabetes programs, hygiene ed classes for schoolchildren. Please advise if any of these are on your skills list.
Medical education or training at any level (MD, NP/RN/LN, Midwif
Current papers qualifying you for employment or practice in your home country