Volunteer Position in Education
Position Description: ENGLISH TEACHING ASSISTANT
The role is designed so that you will get to work closely with the English teacher at one of our schools in either Ciudad Vieja or San Lorenzo el Cubo, two villages outside of La Antigua, Guatemala. All the teachers are from Guatemala. As English speakers we have a natural ability with the English language and can be a valuable resource to local English teachers.
- Assisting the English teacher with their own English language learning.
- Helping to plan lessons with the teacher in line with the regulated curriculum
- Preparing classroom materials and homework
- Correcting work completed by the children
- TEFL or CELTA trained (or equivalent)
- Experience in teaching English
- A commitment of 6 months
- Fluent English speaker
- A responsible, creative and independent work attitude
- Ability to support oneself financially for the duration of the role