Get a New Perspective with Buena Onda’s High School Experiential Learning Trips
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP – LOCAL EXPERTISE – CULTURAL IMMERSION – RESPONSIBLE VOLUNTEERING – PROACTIVE SUPPORT
Travel provides unique learning opportunities that only present themselves when immersed in a new culture. With well-run programs, students develop new cross-cultural communication skills, self-confidence, and critical thinking skills that extend beyond their high school years to inform future university and professional decisions. Founded by teachers, Buena Onda is the unique organization that values the great developmental potential available in experiential learning while appreciating the important responsibility you assume when planning an international high school trip. Let Buena Onda help take the stress out of the planning process! Our local expertise and international approach ensure that your trip is as educationally rewarding as it is personally enriching.
What We Offer
Our personal service supports the educational and logistical goals every step of the way.
- Placing your students with responsible and effective community projects
- Transparent, line item budgets with the option to have us pay all the bills before your arrival in Guatemala
- Coordinating with hosting organizations to maximize educational and immersion goals
- Custom designed itineraries that fit with your budget, schedule, and requests
- Confirming safe and comfortable accommodation suitable for teenagers, including host family options
- Coordinating reliable and safe transportation with our trusted drivers
- Arrival orientation full of local tips about your new surroundings
- Our Buena Onda coordinator with your group throughout your entire time in Guatemala
- Travel advice and tips to fully explore Guatemala
Buena Onda Coordination Fee: (US) $100 per participant
We keep our fee low so that Buena Onda trips are available to as many students as possible. In coordination with the school’s group leader, we develop a budget that fits within the guidelines you give us.
Please note that an additional charge is reflected on your budget to cover travel costs for our local coordinator to accompany your group.
Ready to start working on your school’s Guatemala adventure? Contact us now!
You can also take a look at an example of our itineraries HERE